Friday, January 3

Diamond Valley Open Door Singers repertoire


Diamond Valley Open Door Singers

Our repertoire continues to expand. 

1 Adiemus
2 The Greatest Showman-A million dreams.  
3 Any dream will do.
4 A True Friend
5 Casablanca -As time goes by
6 Aladdin -A whole new world
7 Beauty and the beast
8 Charles Trenet -Beyond the sea
9 Beatles - Black Bird
10 Beatles- Penny Lane
11 Beatles- When I’m 64
12 Blue moon
13 Paul Simon – Bridge over Troubled Waters
14 Les Miserables -Bring him home
15 Californian Dreaming
16 John Rutter- Candlelight Carol
17 The Lion King- Can you feel the love tonight
18 Ukrainian Carol -Carol of the Bells
19 Celebrations
20 Change the world
21 Glen Miller & his orchestra - Chattanooga Choo Choo
22 Chariots Comin
23 Chanson Damour
24 Chuck Berry - Johnny B. Goode
25 Chuck Berry - Roll over Beethoven
26 Circle of Life
27 Daisy Daisy
28 Electric Light Orchestra -Don’t bring me down Bruce
29 José Feliciano- Felix Navidad
30 Coldplay - Fix you  
31 Billy Joel- For the longest time
32 Fragile by Sting
33 Fransicus’s Christmas carol
34 Fransicus And the drains are blocked
35 Fransicus Coran Fields
36 Fransicus Once a jolly vagabond
37 Fransicus - Happy feet
38 Fransicus Here comes that day
39 Fransicus -The Mahogany ship
40 Fransicus - Sophia

41 Anders Nyberg-Freedom is coming

42 Julie Gold- From a distance
43 The Greatest Showman –From now on
44 Gershwin - They can’t take that away
45 Gershwin – Let’s call the whole thing off
46 Gershwin - Wonderful
47 Gershwin – Who’s got the last laugh now
48 Ghosts riders in the Sky.
49 Glorious
50 God only knows I need you
51 God rest ye merry gentlemen
52 Hey hey hey she’s having a baby
53 Lion King - He Lives in You
54 Homeward bound
55 Carousel- If I loved you
56 Beach Boys - I get around
57 Les Miserables - I dreamed a dream  
58 John Lennon- Imagine
59 I'm Dreaming of Home (Hymne des Fraternises) - Joyeaux Noel 
60 South Pacific -I’m gonna wash that man
61 Dusty Springfield - I only want to be with you
62 I still call Australia home
63 It’s a long way to Tipperary
64 Duke Ellington - It don’t mean a thing
65 I’ve got the music in me
66 Jamacan Farewell
67 Birds of Tokyo -Lanterns
68 La La Land
69 Lean on me
70 Les Miserables - Suddenly
71 Les Miserables -One day more
72 Les Miserables - I dream a dream
73 Les Miserables -The end of the day
74 Les Miserables -Master of the house 76
75 Les Miserabes Empty chair and empty
table
76 Les Miserable My castle in the sky
77 Les Miserable Do you hear the people
sing
78 David Bowie – Let’s Dance
79 David Bowie - Life on Mars
80 Eric Boswell- Little Donkey
81 Paul Jarman – let Go the Long white sails
82 Threepenny Opera - Mack the knife
83 Abba -Mamma mia
84 Mark Lowry -Mary did you know
85 Mark Lowry -Mary’s boy child
86 Cats - Memory
87 The Momas & Papas -Monday Monday
88 Puccini -Nessum Dorma
89 Jill Gillana - On a starlit night
90 Once a jolly vagabond
91 One day I’ll fly away
92 M. F. L. Ascot opening day
93 M. F. L. I could have danced all night
94 M. F. L. Get me to the church on time
95 M. F. L. On the street where you live
96 M. F. L. With a little bit of luck
97 M. F. L. Wouldn’t it be loverly
98 Oh Happy day
99 Only Time
100 K T Tunstal -Other Side of the World
101 Pack up your troubles
102 Peace on Earth
103 Pizza tonight
104 John Denver - Perhaps love
105 Billy Joel- River of Dreams
106 Rolling in the deep
107 Rhythm of life
108 Rudolph the red nosed reindeer
109 Sailing at dawn
110 Santa Clause is coming to town
111 Sausi Carol
112 Scarborough fair
113 Shelter
114 Shine on me.
115 Shosholoza
116 Show me
117 Show the people
118 Silent night
119 Singing in the rain
120 Simply having a wonderful Christmas
time
121 Someone in the crowd
122 Somewhere only we know
123 Somewhere over the rainbow
124 So this is Christmas
125 South of the border down Mexico way
126 Stand by me
127 Summer night
128 Sun Rise
129 Sway
130 Burt Bacharach and Carole Bayer Sager - That’s what friends are for.
131 The Bell of creation
132 Joni Mitchell - The big yellow taxi
133 The Great Showman - Never enough
134 The Great Showman - This is me
135 Man of la Mancha- The impossible dream
136 Solomon Linda -The lion sleeps tonight
137 The Little Drummer Boy
138 Glen Ballard and Siedah Garrett- The man in the mirror
139 The prayer
140 The Rose
141 Paul Simon- The Sound of silence
142 Luke Wadding -The Sussex Carol
143 South Pacific -There is nothing like a dame
144 Michael Jackson - The Way You Make Me Feel
145 The way your hot
146  Francesco Sartori- Time to say goodbye
147 Up there Cazaly
148 Cold Play - Viva La Vida
149 Vos Sur Chenin
150 Howard Blake -Walking In The Air
151 Waltzing Matilda
152 Waterloo
153 We are the world
154 We’ll meet again
155 West S.S. In America
156 West S.S. I feel pretty
157 West S.S. Make our hands one hand
158 West S.S. Maria
159 West S.S. Somewhere.
160 West S.S. Tonight tonight
161 Larry Henley and Jeff Silbar -Wind Beneath My Wings
162 What a wonderful world
163 Why we sing
164 You’ll never Walk Alone
165 You made me love you
166 Your song
167 You Raised Me Up
168 You’re my everything

5 comments:

Tom said...

I decided to continue our Christmas tradition yesterday evening, and listen to "The Messiah." My hearing is pretty badly shot to pieces these days, but I did think that at least I would be able to hear sung music, without those frustrating "tone-deaf" patches appearing. It is not to be. All forms of music are now passing me by, and so are my memories of them.

But at least I can see, touch-feel, taste and smell!!!

Lindsay Byrnes said...

Hi Tom,
Very sorry to hear of your hearing loss and fading musical memories. I gather those other faculties are all good, inclusive of a fine mind well expressed in your last posting. I am amazed at the lack of any typos or grammatical errors that seem to creep into my efforts. What I thought you might be interested to hear about is a women who is totally deaf but who comes along to our rehearsals. She asked if she could stand close to me and finished up with her head on my chest as she expressed the view she loves experiencing the string vibrations.I am a member who is not lacking in vocal projection. It is such a privilege for me to see how much it is appreciated and spurs one to give your best.
Today Melbourne was blanketed in a thick haze of smoke from the huge Gippsland fires and elsewhere that cover 60,000 square kilometres of the state. The position is unprecedented with the navy evacuating 1000 or so of the 4000 stranded and with shortages of food and widespread devastation as many people are unaccounted for and feared dead. People have been told to get out now while they can, as the armed forces were instrumental today in getting in a further supply of over 12,000 litres of fuel to bolster dwindling supplies. The outlook for tomorrow is catastrophic with temperatures again to reach 45 degrees in some regions with strong winds and no rain in sight. So far the carbon emissions from the fires exceeds a normal years total for the country. Inevitably the fires in Victoria and NSW could link up to form an even bigger monster blaze.
Best wishes

Tom said...

I have no adequate words with which to respond to your update on the fires: no words at all.

Mercutio said...

Quite an impressive list!
Well done.
I don't think I could remember all the words to that many songs.
OTOH, I believe I could still play "Hemispheres" all the way through, given a guitar, though it was over 35 years ago I learned it. It did take quite a while though (to learn, that is-- it's going to take a while to play on any day of the week).

So sad to hear about the fires.
I was reading today that this could significantly affect biodiversity.
And the Aussies have a dear place in my heart; such a wonderful people.

You might be surprised to know that Australian television is something of a thing in the U.S. these days. I love Miss Fisher, and I've recently begun to watch Rake. I need the closed captioning to manage some of the slang terms. I would be interested in your recommendations.

Warm regards,

Lindsay Byrnes said...

Hi Mercutio,
Nice to hear from you after such a long time. How is life and are you practicing law?
We have the highest rate of extinction in the word today and it is estimated a billion animals perished in the fires. That’s only going to exasperate the trend and with global warming our coastlines are beginning to become increasingly infested with stinging Jelly fish that thrive in the warmer waters.
Pleased to hear you love Miss Fisher, and have recently begun to watch Rake.
Another worth considering is Total Control on the ABC. Deborah's Mailman's latest role sees her drawn into the treacherous world of politics played out in the nation's capital. That’s Total Control, the political thriller on ABC TV.
Deborah starred in such films as The Secret Life of Us to Rabbit-Proof Fence, whose storied career has made her one of Australia's most beloved actors.
Best wishes


Best wishes